Contributed by Jeff Schiller
Jeff serves up some additional variations on cooking greens. That’s right, any of our hardy greens: kale, kohlrabi, turnip greens, pac choi . . . Enjoy!
- Using any coarsely chopped greens and stems, steam until wilted.
- Take steamer from pot and set greens aside.
- Add soup bouillon to water, dissolve bouillon fully, and then return greens to the pot.
- Stir and serve!
And to jazz this up, consider these options:
- Before steaming the greens, steam other veggies first. You can try garlic scapes, onions, and later in the season, zucchini. When these have cooked a bit, add the greens as directed above.
- Add a hard-boiled egg or two.
- Serve the dish over grain or pasta
- Season with fresh herbs.