Farms and CSAs are adapting to align with updated public health guidance. Be sure to check recent posts for updated information.
Read on for info about the items Grand Street CSA currently offers to its members. To find out about how distribution works, go to Distribution Basics.
22 weekly distributions or 11 biweekly distributions
from Norwich Meadows Farm, Norwich, NY
Norwich Meadows Farm provides certified organic vegetables to CSAs, restaurants, grocers and greenmarkets located throughout NYC.
Zaid Kurdieh, his partner Yusuf Harper, and their families started their farm in 1998 and expanded in 2000. The two families joined together not only to supply their own families with quality, organically grown food, but also to create a community around their farm. Their farm, now over 80-acres, is located 50 miles north of Binghamton in the fertile Canasawacta Valley, about 3 hours and 45 minutes north of New York City.
CSA distributions begin in mid-late June (dependent on the weather) and run weekly for 22 distributions through late early-mid November.
Each share comes pre-packed in a sturdy cardboard box and contains 8-12 different items, weighing up to 25 lbs., tending to be lighter at the beginning of the season and heavier as the growing season gets going.
Fruit, eggs, dairy, & mushrooms is sourced by the Norwich Meadows Farm team from other regional producers are available as add-on shares.
Fruit is sourced from nearby farms, raised using integrated pest management (IPM) practices that minimize the use of chemical pesticides as much as possible. Fruit begins in July, usually 2-3 weeks after veggies, depending on the weather.
*The price of a share includes the cost of the vegetables, as well as delivery, labor, supplies, contactless payments, as well as the inevitable parking tickets. In addition, we make a contribution to the Just Food CSA Network, supporting CSAs across New York City, and to the Abrons Arts Center, our regular distribution site.
We also offer other items through various providers, some throughout the season and others on a one-time basis, including bread, eggs, maple syrup, pasta, honey, dairy, flowers, poultry, fish & meat:
- Partybus Bakeshop (our distribution partner and site this season)
- Lewis Waite Farm CSA Extras Program (pick up currently available for Grand St. Members at Stanton St. CSA) – https://lewiswaitefarm.localfoodmarketplace.com/
- Circle C Maple Farm (one-time distribution) – https://grandstreetcsa.org/2021/05/maple-syrup-from-circle-c-farm/
- Fulton Fish Market (weekly on Tuesdays) https://grandstreetcsa.org/2021/05/2021-fish-shares/
- Illiamna Salmon Co. (one-time distribution in the fall) https://grandstreetcsa.org/2021/05/2021-fish-shares/
- Lily and Leaf Flowers (weekly on Tuesdays) https://grandstreetcsa.org/2021/05/2021-flower-share-vanishing-point-farm/
- Adirondack Creamery (TBD)